Oz Marina 2010
- Subject: Just bought a marina coupe
- Hi, my name is mick, i live on bribie island and am a qualified mechanic, my reason for e-mailing you is that i just bought myself a little project in the shape of a very solid '73 marina coupe, i am in no hurry to get it finished (havent started yet) but i would like to know about getting spares for the car, as i said, i havent started yet so i don't know what i'm going to need, at this point i'm just looking for contacts when i need them, any info you can give me will be greatly appreciated, hope to hear from you soon,
- Sun, 9 Sep 2007
- Hello Mick,
- Great to hear from you.
- The leyland P76 Owners Club of Qld would be able to assist with technical assistance and some of the commonly used parts.
- In the club we have a number of Marina owners.
- I am the president, have had Marina's and look after the web site.
- I would be pleased to assist with any information and pass on any requests >in the future for equipment.
- Would I be able to ring you or maybe you could ring me after hours 33140058 or 0414383503.
- Look forward to talking to you soon.
- Love to get some photos and indentification off your car for the web site please?
- Hi Adrian, i was glad to hear from you so soon, i am keen to get some pics and info on the site about the car, i will very likely join the club in the near future.
- I have attatched some pics of the car that were taken with my mobile phone so the quality is not the best, i will take photos on the weekend with digital camera and get some numbers off of it for you, now i can tell you it is a 4cyl automatic coupe, i saved it from the scrap yard.
- An aquaintance of mine has a tow truck and was called to dispose of it, i saw it on the truck and had to have it, nostalgia had a lot to do with it as my dad had a 74 6cyl manual coupe in 1976 when i was 8, the other thing that sticks in my mind is that in 1990 i worked for a guy called Bill Wilhelm in Wollongong NSW who had a coupe fitted with a p76 v8, and i absolutely loved it, so did he, i worked for him for only 4 or 5 months and in that time he spent over 12k on it , the mods that time included vl commodore turbo disc brake diff, the biggest cross drilled commodore discs in the front with nissan 300zx 4 spot callipers and a set of 17" hsv wheels (huge in 1990) the car had a longer wheel base, cortina crossmember, and was re complianced as an individually constructed vehicle in early 1990, it therefore had to comply to 1990 regs, ie: eye level stop light, intrusion bars in doors, unleaded fuel filler neck etc etc, the last time i saw it it was featured in street machine magazine and was running an injected aluminium 350 chev!
- I have the mag somewhere, when i find it, i'll scan it and send it to you, anyway back to my marina.
- I negotiated whith the man and three cartons of fosters light ice later i was the proud owner of said marina, the body is very solid (minor rust) the motor has a pretty omious death knock in it but it still runs, the transmission seems good, as far as i know it was owned by the same old guy from new and he parked it about 18 months ago when the motor started knocking.
- Anyway, i'll talk to you soon,
- my mobile number is
- 0417 751 810, bye for now....