1974 Leyland Marina
- I got the leyland home Friday
- Used the weekend to test and go over it
- It’s a very solid car and runs and drives well
- Only item I’m looking for now is the front rubber mat in brown , as the one that I have is split. Again this is a Australian car only item. So I don’t have my hopes up too high.
- The pic is of the car on to transporter on the import-harbour in Norway.
This car is on the docks in Norway
- Hi There,
- My folks are currently looking to sell their low k Marina on eBay and wondered if you could add this to your for sale section? Details are as follows:
- Presented is a rare 1974 Leyland Marina Deluxe.
- This car was purchased new in NSW (Tocumwal) on 5 May 1974 from Vidler Motors.
- This car is currently owned by my mother who is the 3rd eldlerly lady owner!
- This particular car is one of a run of forty 6 cyl deluxe coupes that were to be built in 1974, but we believe that only 28 were actually completed.
- The timing of the P-76's lack of sales probably impacted this short run.
- The car itself is in fantastic original order with original Berger Country Cream paint work, original vinyl floor mat in both the boot and inside the car.
- The interior is in great shape also (see pics).
- The car runs a 262 cubic inch 6 cyl single overhead cam backed by a 3 speed automatic transmission.
- Power assisted drum brakes front and rear.
- The car is currently registered until Nov 2007 and is seldom driven (the odd trip up to the shops or to a local car show).
- The Marina sits well on the road and drives smoothly.
- As per the photos, the paint is in original great shape.
- As you would expect from a 30 + year old car, there are minor scratches and chips but overall presents beautifully. Rear bumper is wavy in one spot, the interior floor mat is split on the driver's side and slighly on the passenger's as well.
- Inspection is welcome (no RWC supplied) and phone enquiries should be directed to Leo Bond .
- The car is located in Cobram on the Murray River (45 minutes past Shepparton or 25 minutes from Yarrawonga).
- Tim Bond